Saturday, March 15, 2014

Unravel me: Me, myself and a reading slumb...

                                                                    Unravel me                                                                          

Unravel me is a meme made by myself that shows aspects of my life. This time: Me, myself and a reading slumb.

Honestly, I wish I could give you a 100% accurate recipe on how to get out of a frustrating and almost never ending reading slumb, but I can´t. Right now I find myself in one and it is more than annoying. I blame work at the moment, because it really does take up a lot of space in my life right now. When I get home I´m too tired to pick up a book and I just feel like relaxing on the couch or going to bed early. 
Maybe if I had a really, really awesome book waiting for me I could dust myself off and try to read a book again, but nothing seems to grab my attention that way. There are actually a few really great books on my night table, don´t get me wrong! Books like Shatter me or World After, but still...
Today I will force myself to read. It sounds like it will hurt, but I know that my future self will be grateful to my present self in the end. Maybe all it really takes is a little force to get out of a reading slumb...A little force never hurt nobody?!

Have you ever been in a reading slumb? And how did you get out of it? Tell me in the comments!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...